Class of 2017!

As the end of the year approaches, seniors and teachers are readily preparing for the departure of yet another senior class. Winding down, emotions of nervousness and excitement are all over the place. The Beaver Blog asked some seniors how they feel about the end of the year and their plans for the future. We even asked some teachers how they were dealing with the approach of graduation.
I first interviewed Sabrina Dowd who is eagerly awaiting graduation. She is preparing for graduation by putting her all into her school work for the end of the year, filling out scholarships, and “Actually coming to school”. Her plans for after high school are to attend YSU in the fall and major in Biology. When asked why she chose this major, she said, “It is my favorite subject and I think I will excel in it”. In addition, her tips for following seniors are this, “Staying organized is key and keep up with your reading”.
I then interviewed Matthew Ludwig who is nervous yet excited to graduate and leave Beaver Local. Matt claimed his strategy for success was “to get good grades and call it a year.” Matthew is attending YSU in the fall and majoring in Journalism. When asked why he chose this path for college he said, “I like to express my views on topics and share my opinion.”
I, myself plan on attending YSU in the fall also. I will be majoring in social work. I am beyond ecstatic to graduate and experience what the future holds for me. As for advice to the upcoming senior class, give high school your all because it really is worth it in the end.
On the other hand, I also asked Senior Advisor and English teacher Mrs. Hendricks how she felt on the seniors this year graduating. “It’s like I’m losing a part of myself” she explained. When asked how prepared she thinks we are for the future, she said, “No matter how much we teachers can try to prepare you for the real world, it’s never enough. You have to experience things, it’s life changing”. Mrs. Hendricks has been working hard all year to prepare us seniors for life after high school. She has given us much responsibility, sass, and kept us busy to teach us how to deal with stress and multitasking. Though some may not see it yet, she has taught us many life lessons. Hendricks stated, “You won’t realize it until you get out into the real world, so many kids come back and thank me because just like you they don’t know it at first but I really am helping you prepare for the future.”
With only 38 more days for us seniors and 59 more days until graduation, students and teachers are readily preparing to say goodbye to the class of 2017. Hopes are high and hearts are pounding at the thought. Thank you to all the Beaver Local faculty and staff. You have shaped us into the bright young adults we are today! In saying that, Good Luck to all the seniors on your future plans!

The senior class won the battle of the classes last week