Where? College Fair!

On Tuesday, September 26, Beaver Local seniors had the opportunity to attend a College Fair at Eastern Gateway Community College. The College Fair had more than 50 colleges with tables set up containing information about the colleges and a representative to answer any questions you may have had. I visited many tables, talked to tons of representatives, and got a million free pens. Despite all of that, I still do not know where I want to go to school.

Choosing a school to attend after high school is one of the most stressful things any high school senior will go through. Some have known from day one where they are going; others not so much. That is exactly why we have things like a College Fair! It is so we can get acquainted with schools we may have not heard or thought about before.

I visited around eight tables. I went to the Youngstown State, Kent State, Wright State, Urbana, Rio Grande, Franciscan U, Ohio Valley Technical Center, and the Art Institutes tables. These schools offered various programs and scholarships. Over the course of this year, I have been considering different ideas about a career. Lately, I have been considering a career in nursing. Almost all of the College tables I attended offered a nursing program, but OVCT was the cheapest being that it is a technical school. So, I decided that if I was to go into nursing, OVCT would be my first choice. What does this decision have to do with anything?

Well, the College Fair helped seniors in Beaver Local students (along with surrounding schools’ students) decide where the next part of their lives will happen. The information that the College Fair has provided for the students will be extremely important throughout these next few months as we apply to schools in preparation for the next chapter in our lives.