Teens Find Style for Less

Welcome back, Beavers! In today’s society, teenagers are expressing themselves through fashion more than ever. With outgoing trends and fabrics, us teens use pieces of clothing to show off our very own style and personality; however, the price tags are continuously rising.

In high school, sporting events and club involvement take up a lot of our time. With the little free time that we have outside of our classes and hobbies, many of us have a part-time job. Considering that the minimum wage in Ohio is $8.15, the few hours that we are able to work do not reward us with the money it takes to be a stylish teen ― or so we thought.

Most students here at Beaver Local travel approximately forty-five minutes to get to the nearest shopping center. In this town, there are many stores that students may not consider when thinking of places to shop. I decided to write this post to inform students about the places where they can get the most amazing fashion trends while staying within a budget that doesn’t break the bank.

First, my personal favorite, is TJ Maxx. This store has a wide variety of clothing, purses, shoes, and homegoods, with many name-brand items marked down to unbelievable prices! Some of the best deals that I have found at TJ Maxx are: Michael Kors tennis shoes (originally $110.00, purchased for $50.00), a Kate Spade purse (originally $315.00, purchased for $130.00), a Calvin Klein bookbag (originally $211.00, purchased on clearance for $32.00), and high-quality blouses for as low as $5.00.

Second, another great store is Marshalls, affiliated with TJ Maxx. Although I have yet to shop here myself, I know of many people who have found jaw-dropping deals here, similar to TJ Maxx.

Showing teens that they can get the most trendy fashion for a fraction of the original cost can hopefully give them the opportunity to save up their money while still buying affordable clothes to express themselves as they desire. I believe that every young adult should be able to feel confident about themselves, and saving money while keeping up with popular fashion is a good way to do that.