Behind The Scenes Of Cheerleading

Behind The Scenes Of Cheerleading

When you think of a cheerleader you think of Friday nights and pep rallies. Little do you know there’s a lot more work put into cheerleading here at Beaver Local than you’d ever imagined. To begin, we start practicing in June. We have a cheer “camp” around the beginning of July and it goes for two days. Each day is about seven hours long with a half hour lunch break. At this camp, we learn our main cheer, dance, and a few other little cheers and dances for fun.

The real “fun” begins in August. In the beginning of August, we have our usual 6:00 am practices and our tag day at Walmart for a fundraiser. Towards the middle of August, we have a yard sale for fundraising also. Then we start prepping for the pep rally and we teach the boys a dance. This past year we had practice every day of the week at 7:30 am so the boys would really know the dance. The pep rally was a success! The end of August starts football season! This is when we make our run through signs and start decorating the locker room every Friday. By October were ready for pink everything to support breast cancer. We raise money all month and take it to our Pink Ribbon cheer competition to donate.

I have cheered since I was five and it’s been the best experience of my life. It’s taught me to stay positive in upsetting situations and keep a smile. It has also taught me leadership skills and I’m so grateful to cheer for this school! It’s ❌otter week, let’s kick butt! Go, Beavers!